So here we go with the obligatory resolutions post. I like to think of them more as goals. I’m glad to say that I stuck to my 2014 goals pretty well. I attribute that to writing them down in ink in my planner, so I could see them every day & they served as reminders.
So here are my goals for 2015
1) Be present, live in the moment-This is a huge challenge for me. When I’m out at certain events, or when I come home from them, I’m always worrying about if I said the right thing or not and so on. So I’m challenging myself to just take everything one moment at a time.
2) Meditate- I’ve started doing this daily for 3 weeks now & it’s been very helpful. I feel more relaxed when I start my day with a few minutes of meditation. I’m hoping to continue this throughout the year.
3) Walk the dog at least 4 times a week- The little dude & I get fresh air, the dog & I get some exercise. Everyone wins.
4) Continue to have green smoothies for breakfast- I heard about the site, Simple Green Smoothies last January. I participated in their 30 Day Smoothie Challenges in January and October & I felt great during each challenge. Starting in October, I decided to drink a green smoothie every day for breakfast. Since I have a toddler, it’s harder for me to get breakfast around. So whipping up a smoothie is a quick way for me to get some nutrition & energy first thing in the morning.
5) Take group skating lessons- I’m going to start taking group lessons at my new rink. To be honest, I’m really nervous. Not about the skating, but about meeting other people. I know we all have skating in common, but I’m just awful at small talk. I’m just challenging myself to get out there & meet people. My old coach also suggested I start off with the group classes so I can get to know the skating community & the coaches. So here I go getting out of my comfort zone & all that.
6) Spend less- I’m not a huge shopaholic, but I just feel like I get things I don’t need from time to time & I’d just like to be more conscious of that habit & cut back.
7) Write more- Last year, I made this same goal, but failed royally. Ok…maybe I’m being too hard on myself. I did write in my journal at least once a month to document how my son was doing at that time. However, I want to write more often. So far, I’ve written in my journal every day this year. I hope I can keep it up!
So there you have it. My goals of 2015. What are some of yours? Join us at Tuesday Ten & link up!